Registration for our 2023 fall session is currently closed. Winter 2024 registration will re-open Dec. 15th
There are 3 ways to register with us here at Johnson's Dance Studio:
Monday Aug. 7th 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM Tuesday Aug. 8th 1:00 PM- 6:00 PM
Register By Mail
- 30 minutes per week- $47.00
- 45 minutes per week- $56.00
- 60 minutes per week- $62.00
- 1 1/2 hours per week- $85.00
- 2 hours per week- $110.00
- 2 1/2 hours per week- $128.00
- 3 hours per week- $145.00
- 4 hours per week- $171.00
- Unlimited- $190.00
- Adult classes- 10 class punch card $75.00 Single Class- $12.00
- Families- a 10% discount will apply to the 2nd & 3rd family member total tuition Discount available for those who pay for the full year in advance. Scholarship applications available upon request. Please email us for more information.
- Payment Policy: Payment for lessons is due the first of each month. Payment options include check, cash, or automatic monthly payment from Visa, Mastercard or Discover. Other arrangements can be made by contacting the front desk. A $20 late fee will be charged after 30 days. There is a $35 charge for returned checks. Credit Card Convenience Fee: JDS will charge a convenience fee on all payments made by credit card. The fee is 1% of the total amount being charged.
- Make- Up Policy: Please inform the studio if your child will miss class. Lessons missed because of illness or emergency may be made up within two weeks in a class of the same technique level or lower.
- Refunds: NO REFUNDS unless there is an emergency circumstance. Registration fees, costume fees, and competition fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event of a withdrawal, a written or emailed notice must be submitted in advance. No refunds are granted for classes not attended.
- Multi-media devices: Cell phones, I-pads, etc., are NOT ALLOWED in the classroom. Please do not use any of these devices to record any activities unless you have permission form the director. Studio WIFI connection is for staff use only.
- Vacations and Holidays: We will be closed Labor Day, Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Spring Break, Memorial Day. Tuition remains the same.
- Dress: Proper dance attire is mandatory.
- Combination classes- Leotard & tights (any color, any style), ballet & tap shoes (white if buying new), replace ties on taps with elastic, and a bag to store shoes in.
- Ballet- (10 years and up) Solid color leotard, pink tights and ballet shoes.
- Jazz & Tap – (10 years & up) Leotard, black tights/jazz pants/biker shorts, jazz and/or tap shoes
- Hip Hop – Leotard, shorts, jazz pants, biker shorts. Keds sneakers or jazz shoes.
- Creative 2’s – Leotard, tights & ballet shoes
- Adult classes – Dance or fitness wear and appropriate shoes.
- Acro- leotard with footless tights or leggings- no shoes.
- Aerial- Leggings to cover the knees, leo or fitted shirt that can be tucked in (no crop tops). No jewelry or shoes allowed.
- Visiting: Parents will be invited to observe their child’s class twice a year: once before Christmas and then once before Recital. Our teaching staff is always interested in discussing with parents their child’s progress or any other issues.
- Parking: PLEASE DO NOT block the front of the building. PLEASE BE PROMPT IN PICKING YOUR CHILD UP AT THE END OF THE DAY.
- Recital: A costumed recital is held every year. The purpose of the production is to give students stage experience and the opportunity to demonstrate their achievements. Emphasis will be on student's performance with costuming kept to a minimum.
- Class Placement: Students are placed in classes according to age, experience and ability. To ensure proper placement, students are carefully evaluated during the first four weeks of classes. Students will progress to next level once they have mastered material in their current level. Those wishing to discuss their child’s progress or schedule, please make an appointment BEFORE registration.
- August 7th & 8th- In-Studio Registration from 1:00pm-6:00pm
- August 9th- Owensboro Dance Theatre auditions 4:15pm-6:30pm (please arrive 15 minutes early for registration)
- August 28th- Classes begin
- September 4th- Labor Day (no classes)
- September 5th- ODT Open Auditions for Extras (Nutcracker)- 7:15pm-7:45pm
- October 10th-15th- Fall Break
- November 4th- Deadline for Recital Fees, Costume Fees, and Recital Bundles
- November 23rd-27th- Thanksgiving Break
- December 2nd & 3rd-ODT's "The German American Bank Nutcracker" at RiverPark Center
- December 5th-10th- Visitation for ALL COMBINATION CLASSES
- December 19th-January 1st- Christmas Break
- January 4th- 2nd Semester Classes Begin
- January 4th- ODT Open Auditions for Extras (In Concert featuring Aladdin...Secrets of the Magic Carpet) 6:45pm-7:15pm
- January 31st- Deadline for Recital Registration for newly enrolled students (2nd semester enrollment)
- February 17th- ODT's "Dance Battle Extravaganza"- RiverPark Center- 7:00pm
- March 17th-18th- ODT's "In Concert featuring Aladdin...Secrets of the Magic Carpet" at RiverPark Center
- March 31st-April 8th- Spring Break
- May 1st-6th- Visitation for ALL COMBINATION CLASSES
- May 8th-13th- Visitation for ALL OTHER CLASSES
- June 3rd- Recital